- This event has passed.
(Free) Parenting Plus Classes (Bellevue or Bothell, 10-week)
November 4 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm PST
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Monday, repeating until November 18, 2019
Parenting Plus Classes
Parenting Plus is a 10-week parent education group class designed to support and strengthen parents in areas where they may be challenged, including:
- Building appropriate self-esteem in your child
- Effective communication
- Managing anger (both yours and your child’s)
- Growth and development of children
- Behavior management
- Establishing family routines, including bedtime
- Other topics of interest, including: the effect of media on children and children transitioning between two homes.
These free classes are open to all parents and caregivers who are interested in strengthening their parenting skills; you do NOT need to have a child enrolled at Kindering to participate. Classes are geared towards parents whose children are ages 12 or younger, both with and without special needs.
Parenting Plus is taught in English four times per year (September, November, March and May). Kindering also offers Parenting Plus classes in Spanish and in Russian two times each per year, in the fall and in the spring. Each session meets for ten weeks on Monday evenings, from 6:00pm to 8:00 pm.
The School Year 2019-2020 schedule is:
- September 9 to November 18, 2019 (Bellevue)
- November 25, 2019 to February 10, 2020
- February 24 to April 27, 2020
- May 4 to July 13, 2020 (Maybe in Bothell)
- September 14 to November 16, 2020
- November 23 to February 9, 2020
We also offer a support group for graduates of the Parenting Plus Program, which meets at Kindering on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 6:00pm to 8:00 pm.
Parenting Plus classes are FREE to families. Kindering is very grateful for the funding support from community foundations to make this class available.
Questions? Please contact Lois Ralph, MPH, at (425) 653-4302 or by email.
About the Instructor: Lois Ralph has been teaching parenting classes at Kindering since 1991. She is the parent of two adult children, one with special needs, and has a Masters in Public Health and a Bachelors Degree in Social Work and Psychology.