7-week Empowered Parenting at Highline College
January 24 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm PST
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Thursday, repeating until March 7, 2019
Geared towards all agesThursdays 6-8pm, January 24th throughout March 7th, 2019
This workshop is a 7-week course with an intended long-term outcome of teaching young people to become responsible, respectful, and resourceful members of their community by improving the decision-making process of both parents and their children.
The goal of this workshop is to empower parents with the following tools:
1. Parents taking this course will learn how to model firmness by respecting themselves and the needs of the situation involving behavioral issues, and kindness by respecting the needs of the child.
2. Parents will learn how to identify the belief behind their child’s behavior, thereby gaining skills in changing root causes, rather than attempting to change the behavior itself.
3. Parents will strengthen their skills in effective communication and problem-solving.
4. Parents will learn discipline strategies that teach and focus on solutions instead of punishment.
5. Parents will be equipped to build long-term self-esteem and empower their children by encouraging effort and improvement instead of focusing on just success. 6. Parents will learn how to avoid power struggles and to motivate their children.
These parenting tools are taught through experiential activities and along with reading from the Positive Discipline book.
Instructor Qualifications: Kristina has been certified as a Positive Discipline Parent and Classroom Educator and has been facilitating workshops in the area for 5 years now. Optional Textbook: Positive Discipline. ISBN: 0345487672
January 24- March 7th
6:00P-8:00P (7 Thu)
Instructor: Kristina Saelee
Location: Bldg 10, Rm 202
To Register:call 206.870.3785item #9691or more info. Kristina @email@example.com