- This event has passed.
Caregiver Support Group (North Seattle)
October 2, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until March 25, 2020
SHARING, LEARNING & SUPPORT
CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP
If you are a parent or caregiver with concerns about parenting a child with unique needs and challenges, want to learn, share information and support other caregivers, our Caregiver Support Group is for you!
We make every effort to offer helpful tools and a validating environment in which to grapple with and explore the challenges and joys of parenting.
We cover weekly topics relating to child development, behavior management, parent self-care, and parenting strategies with a mix of therapist presentation, group discussion, experiential learning, and group sharing. Topics will be determined once the group is formed and with parent input to customize to
ages and needs of the families attending.
Parents and caregivers with children enrolled for services at Ryther are welcome. We do offer childcare and space is limited, so please inquire for details and restrictions.
Ryther’s Parent Support Group meets weekly starting Wednesday, September 18
• Group meets Wednesdays 5:30pm-7:00 PM on Ryther’s main campus in Lake City
• Parents can enroll at any time
• Childcare and snacks provided. If interested, please inquire for details
• No charge for Medicaid clients; Private insurance accepted, co-pay applies
• Out of pocket cost is $75/session, sliding scale available for those that qualify
Please call 206.517.0234 for more information and to register.