- This event has passed.
Bridging the Divide – Working Together Across Differences and Similarities
October 12, 2019$180
Saturday, October 12 8 am to 4:30 pm Shorewood High School 17300 Freemont Ave N. Shoreline, Washington
Hosted by Washington Family Engagement.
Don’t miss our best annual conference yet! Now in our 5th year serving educators and diverse communities we are proud to present an event that will take a in-depth look at all types of diversity represented in our schools and neighborhoods: cultural, racial. poverty/homelessnes, gender. undocu-allyship (come find out what it is) and more. Who should attend? Parents, educators, students and community professionals.
Some of our distinguished speakers and presenters:
- Lynda Coates, Communications Across Barrers -An authentic voice, born into generational poverty, grew up homeless with her parents and five siblings.
- Aidan Key, Gender Odissey founder – Understanding Gender Diversity and developing inclusive policies
- Dr. Joel Domingo, City University – Three Leadership Narratives for Equity and Diversity
- Maggie Fonseca, UW Leadership Without Borders – Working with undocumented students and families
- Adie Simmons, WAFE Executive Director and founder – Changing the narrative – How all families can support student achievement
- Parent Leaders hear their voices and find our how they are influencing education
Cost: $180 per person. Includes breakfast, lunch, materials.
6 Clock Hours available for educators
STARS available for Early Learning educators
Purchase Orders accepted Contact: email@example.com