- This event has passed.
(free) 6-week Positive Discipline Parenting Class (S. Seattle/White Center)
February 8 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, repeating until March 7, 2020
Sponsored by the Puget Sound Adlerian Society, this Positive Discipline Parenting Class Series will be hosted on 6 Saturdays, February 1st through March 7th, 2020, from 10am-12noon.
Teach by Kristina Saelee at the White Center Heights Elementary (10015 6th Ave SW, Seattle, WA, 98146) in the Library.
This class is free and childcare is provided. Pre-registration is required.
Call: 206-841-7871 or email to Kristina@empoweredparenting.family to register.
This workshop is a 6-week course with an intended long-term outcome of teaching young people to become responsible, respectful, and resourceful members of their community by improving the decision-making process of both parents and their children.
The goal of this workshop is to empower parents with the following tools:
- Parents taking this course will learn how to model firmness by respecting themselves and the needs of the situation involving behavioral issues, and kindness by respecting the needs of the child.
- Parents will learn how to identify the belief behind their child’s behavior, thereby gaining skills in changing root causes, rather than attempting to change the behavior itself.
- Parents will strengthen their skills in effective communication and problem-solving.
- Parents will learn discipline strategies that teach and focus on solutions instead of punishment.
- Parents will be equipped to build long-term self-esteem and empower their children by encouraging effort and improvement instead of focusing on just success.
- Parents will learn how to avoid power struggles and to motivate their children.
These parenting tools are taught through experiential activities and along with reading from the Positive Discipline book.
Instructor Qualifications: Kristina has been certified as a Positive Discipline Parent and Classroom Educator.